Fishing Tackle Information
Fishing Tackle Information
The remote and beautiful Kasba Lake Lodge offers its guests world-class fishing adventures with an abundance of trophy-size fish available in nearby waters. This spectacular Canada fishing getaway provides opportunities for anglers that you'll have to see to believe. You won't have to make up "fish stories" for your friends back home: You'll have plenty of them, and they'll all be true. We want to give you all the tools you need to make your Canada fishing vacation the very best it can be, and that starts with providing you with the right tackle recommendations to reel in the big ones time after time. Whether you're interested in spin casting for Lake Trout, fly fishing for Grayling or bait casting for Northern Pike, we'll provide you with the equipment and tackle you need to make your stay with us the Canada fishing vacation of a lifetime.
Utilizing proper tackle will add to your enjoyment and fishing success. For your convenience, all line, lures, flies and leaders described below are available for purchase at the lodge. Upon request we are pleased to offer complimentary spinning, casting and fly fishing outfits for your use. All fishing at Kasba Lake Lodge is done with barbless hooks, and Northern Pike a fished exclusively with Single barbless hooks.
- 6½ - 7' medium action spinning or bait casting outfit
- 12 lb. test monofilament line
- Quality 6" 20 lb. test wire leaders.
- A good selection of weed-less spoons (Johnson Silver MinnowTM are most effective)
- Len Thompson #2 spoons (five-o-diamonds)
- SluggoTM-type worms
- Top-water plugs. Silver, yellow and other bright colours work best.
Light Action Casting and Jigging
- 6½ - 7' medium action spinning outfit
- Original Rat-L-TrapTM (accept no substitutes)
- Blue Fox PixeeTM spoons (¼oz. 1¾", 7/8 oz. 2½", Nickel/Fluorescent Orange)
- Round lead-head jigs, ¼ oz and 3/8 oz., with single-tail twisters (yellow, florescent green) and rubber minnow-imitation shad bodies (natural silver or pearl)
- Len Thompson #2 spoons (five-o-diamonds, red & white, black & white)
- 2 oz. buck tail jigs
- 2" - 3" crank baits, floating and diving
Trophy Lake Trout
- 8'-9' medium-heavy casting rod
- Casting reel (Abu Garcia AmbassadeurTM -type 5000 to 6500 series). 17 or 20 lb. test monofilament (Trilene XTMaxima) line
- Trophy Lake Trout - BIG lures, BIG fish
- Large-sized T-60 FlatfishTM, (Coho blue/silver, chartreuse, pearl, yellow and other bright colors)
- Eppinger Husky JuniorTM and Husky DevilTM spoons
- Len Thompson #4 spoons (Five-o-diamonds, silver, copper/gold, black & white, red & white)
- Half-WaveTM spoons (4-1/2" gold/red and white, nickel/red and white)
- 2 oz. buck tail jigs for jigging
- 5' - 7' light or ultra-light spinning rod (a longer rod will help to control the line while fishing the rivers.)
- 6 lb. test monofilament line
- 1/32 - 1/4 oz. tube-type jigs & traditional round-head single tail jigs (unpainted and painted lead heads. Bring both natural
- browns and olives as well as a few bright whites, yellows and greens for bodies.)
- MeppsTM-type spinners (silver/natural, 1/8 oz., 1/6 oz., 1/4 oz.)